The ideal candidate has the experience and capabilities to lead teams in designing experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Someone who can envision and bring to life simple yet highly engaging experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility. Someone who has an entrepreneurial mind-set, willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of the studio. Someone that can bring in unique perspectives and industry best practices to fuse with our existing processes and methodologies.
· 10+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams for agencies/consultancies as well as product companies.
· Relevant domains of experience include IoT (industrial and consumer), automotive, healthcare and medical, enterprise software, retail, consumer goods and electronics.
· Experience crafting meaningful and impactful strategies, visions, and concepts, working closely and collaboratively with business and technology leaders in our clients’ teams and within Cogniance.
· Mastery of the full design process, able to own and contribute hands-on to projects from experience strategy and ideation through concept development and refinement to product design and implementation.
· Experience with digital products and platforms is a must-have, experience with brand, services and hardware are nice-to-have.
· Experience leading design project teams, overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered to the client’s expectations.
· Experience managing a design unit/team/practice/department/studio, incl. talent management (recruiting, developing, retaining) and business/commercial management (unit KPI responsibility, operational liaison).