Location: Menlo Park, CA
Cogniance, a fast-growing Silicon Valley-based professional services software consultancy, is changing the way early-stage companies around the world turn great ideas into successful products. We act as “intelligence multiplier” to venture-funded software companies and innovation labs by putting together high-caliber teams capable of handling complex user experience, design, and technical challenges inherent in new product development. Since its founding in 2008 Cogniance has been a key driver of success of its many clients who have gone on to secure additional funding, get acquired, or go public through an IPO.
Cogniance (www.cogniance.com) is looking for a results-oriented Account Manager who is able to manage and develop a portfolio of some of the world’s most innovative early-stage companies, as Cogniance delivers outsourced software services to bring new Web 2.0 and mobile services to market.
You will be responsible for achieving a quota of on-going revenue from your assigned accounts, based on:
- Building a strong understanding of the customer’s business objectives and issues
- Growing and maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensuring quality delivery from Cogniance’s highly experienced design and development team based in Kyiv, Ukraine
- High customer satisfaction and referenceability
Cogniance is changing the way the world develops and deploys software. Companies who traditionally designed and developed their software in-house are finding that 'insourcing' is now too costly, inflexible and unresponsive and are turning to Cogniance and our unique 'Outsourced Software Craftsmanship' capabilities. Powered by our unique methodology and talented team of software professionals in Kiev, Stuttgart, London and Silicon Valley, Cogniance covers the entire Software Spectrum--from Ideation to Prototyping to Scalable Deployment and QA/Support. Specializing in Web 2.0 and Mobile technologies, we've delivered world-class products for clients such as Velti, INQ Mobile, Huawei, CloudMade, Swisscom and Vocera.
Reporting to the Vice President of U.S. Sales, you will have the skills to manage a portfolio of accounts and a revenue quota, and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
In return, you will gain invaluable insight into the processes and tools with which the world’s most innovative companies bring new services and applications to market.
- Build a close relationship with your assigned accounts and their key stakeholders
- Build strong understanding of your assigned accounts’ business objectives and challenges, and be able to communicate to the Cogniance design and development team
- Take ownership of all commercial aspects of the contractual relationship between Cogniance and your assigned accounts
- Identify opportunities and drive incremental revenue from your assigned accounts
- Work with the engineering team to prepare and close proposals for incremental projects
- Ensure high customer satisfaction, and recognition of this across all stakeholders
- Generate Case Studies, References, Press Releases and seek referrals to new customers
- Provide a point of Escalation for managing issues, and be creative and tenacious in seeking resolutions
- Create, maintain and communicate a ‘Key Account Plan’ for each of your assigned accounts
- Achieve status of ‘trusted partner’ for Cogniance with each of your assigned accounts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of sales experience with proven record of account management accomplishments
- Experience selling software or software services preferred, and an understanding of Web 2.0 and Mobile technologies
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle and project delivery processes, as applied to startups and venture-backed businesses
- Highly organized with very effective time management skills
- Proficient with Salesforce.com CRM
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to guide others through complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, equally strong listening skills
- Team player
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Commissions and bonuses based on the achievement of the sales targets
- Health benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send us detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org matching the title of the opening in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.